Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Prospect Less to Make More

I received a great question today from Terri in Halifax Nova Scotia.

Terri wrote, "With all the hoopla about magnetic sponsoring, attraction marketing, not paying for business opportunity leads and such, why do you still sell your CDs if they are about cold market prospecting and recruiting?"

First, I love this question Terri.

Thanks for allowing me to shed some light here.

First, although I've personally enrolled well over a thousand people in my career from a cold market and hundreds from a warm market, the strategies and concepts I teach on my own training CDs can be applied to any market, no matter where you get your leads or contacts.

Whether you generate your own leads, purchase leads or participate in a team co-op, you still must learn how to speak to, and more importantly, listen to people.

Now when I say listen, I don't mean for you to give away your power to someone who proceeds to give you a drunkalog about their lives. I'm talking about listening to someone who is answering your leading questions about why they are looking for a new opportunity, what they are looking for and why.

You see, we are all in the people business, not necessarily the business that most people think we are in which us why most people struggle to make it.

They're out peddling product and pitching their opportunity to any one who will listen.

So, even though I am all for attraction marketing, funded proposals and online positioning, I still believe that knowing how to converse with people is critical to your success.

In other words, just because network marketers can now use the internet to leverage their time, enery and efforts, it doesn't mean that we should sit behind our computers all day and avoid talking to people.

It's actually quite the opposite.

But the differecnce is who we are talking to.

Instead of making countless outbound calls to people who don't know me, my company or my product, now, I can sit down for an hour or two and call back only the ones who have not only been to my website, but who have already purchased at my website, making me a small profit before we even speak.

This is the power of target marketing, attraction marketing, persuassive sales copy and funded proposals.

In other words, my prospects now pay me to take a look at my business.

I still call these people but now instead of having to posture them like I used to when they didn't know me, (or want to know me!), these new customers of mine are excited that I've even taken the time to call them so the conversation is way more relaxed and enjoyable for both of us.

Yes, I quit prospecting, and make morey money than ever!

So, now that I don't spend countless hours on the phone with all the wrong people, now I can be 100% focused on my Marketing which makes even MORE money.

Do you get this? When you do. It's POWERFUL!

As Mike talks about in his Magnetic Sponsoring Course, the dynamics completely change when you become the hunted, instead of the hunter!

Now, my conversations consist of my prospect telling me what they are looking for and why they bought my funded proposal product.

During the conversation, instead of me trying to figure out a way to subtly weave my business into the "pitch" and focus on who "I'm" looking for, I just ask a few questions, sit back and listen.

Since it was their idea to visit my website in the first place, to buy my funded proposal product and even call me before I get a chance to call them, they are already highly motivated to move to the next step, which is to get more information or simply, get started.

Most of the time, they volunteer to do that, too!

So what does this have to do with my CDs?

Everything!

Because if you don't know what questions to ask, how to listen, what to listen for or the mindset that you must be in to succeed, then even if your marketing system does 90% of the heavy lifting for you, you still won't make a good impression as a leader when talking to people and if you do the wrong things on calls like this, you could blow the entire sign up.

YES! You can say the wrong thing to the right person.

How do I know?

Because I've been called by some of these people who just want to blab about how great their product or company is, how awesome their compensation plan is or how cool their system is.

What these people forgot about is what I want. Instead they just focused on what they want.

Bad move.

So, you must understand people if you are ever going to become a great leader, what they want, how to speak with them and the place you must come from in order to make yourself even more attractive.

Because the more you understand people, the less prospecting you are going to have to do.

It's more like having casual conversations with your own customers, who want more of what you have to offer.

Because the conversation will flow easily, it's just natural that your prospect wants to take the next step with you.

Yes, it can be as simple as that and it is!

To learn more about Magnetic Sponsoring, Attraction Marketing & Funded Proposals, be sure to subscribe to Mike Dillard's 7 FREE Video Course.

Should you decide to order Mike's Magnetic Sponsoring Course, Building on a Budget (if you already have MS), Black Belt Recuiting or ANY of Mike Dillard's Industry Changing Products from these links right here on this blog page before Thursday Night December 11th at Midnight, send your receipt from your purchase to Orders@AaronRashkin.com and I will make sure you receive my CDs, Upfront Recruiting, Upfront Prospecting & Upfront Networking, for F'REE! ($75 Value)

I'll even throw in my Hottest Prospecting Script and 15 minutes of F'REE One on One Coaching after you've read and listened to all of the information from Mike and me.

Click Here for Audio Samples of My CDs (click back to get back to this blog page if you are going to order Mike's courses, so that you can also receive my free offers as well.)

All I can tell you is that no matter how you generate your leads, you still want to develop your phone skills in order to connect with people about what THEY want and what they are willing to do about it.

It's the only way to truly succeed long term in your Networking Business and its the only way to enroll those who are hungry, ready to go to work and take their success seriously.

As always, there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.