Sunday, January 11, 2009

2 Biggest Mistakes of Home Business Entrepreneurs

Ok, so today we're going to look at 2 of the Biggest Mistakes that most entrepreneurs make that casuse them to FAIL when getting started in a new Home Based Business and how YOU can avoid them like the plague.

After you read this post, you should be way ahead of those who will continually fall into these traps and be well on your way to much more success.

The 2 Biggest Mistakes of Home Business Entrepreneurs are:

#1- They tell themselves the wrong story.

#2 - They allow the same reason that they are looking to start a new business, be the excuse why they don't.

Let's examine.

#1 - The only thing that stops people from achieving huge success, is the story that they tell themselves about why they cannot do it.

I don't know enough.

I am not smart enough.

I don't have the skills.

I don't have the time.

I don't have the money.

I don't know, I don't have, I'm not...you get my drift?

This is a story that they've been telling themself for years, if not decades and sadly enough, they believe it.

So to them, it's true.

And no matter how much they think they want to change, until they change their story, they will never change anything about themselves, their business or their life.

Now that's a SAD story...

#2 - They allow the same reason that they are looking to start a new business, be the excuse why they don't.

For example - a person says, "I don't have enough money. I want to start a home based business."

So they do some research and find out that it will cost them $500 to get started. And then here comes that excuse and they say, "I want to start a home based business because I know that it could provide me with a lot more money, but I just don't have enough money to get started".

Another person says, "I don't spend enough quality time with my family or free time for myself. I want to start a home based business because I know it can provide me more free time."

So they start looking at different opportunities, but don't join any, because...you guessed it...they say, "I want to start a business because I know that it could provide me a lot more free time in my life to do the things I really want to do , but I can't get started because I just don't have enough time."

One more... Perhaps even you might be saying, "I want to start a business because I'm afraid of what the economy is going to do. I'm afraid that I might lose my job. I'm afraid that I might not have enough money to provide for myself and my family and I'm afraid that I could lose my home if I can't pay my bills or mortgage."

So, you begin investigating how you can start a home based business so that you don't have to live with all that constant fear, and sure enough, you don't, because you begin to feel the fear set in and then the story comes and then the silent excuse that only you know to be true...you become afraid.

So let's recap:

The 2nd biggest mistake people looking to start a home based business make, is that they allow the same reason they are looking to get started, be the exact same excuse that they don't.

Do you see the trap here?

It's all in the mind of the person making the excuse.

Truth is, you cannot solve a problem with the same mindset that it took to create it.

So, in the future, if you are looking to start a new home based business, make sure to tell yourself that you can be successful, and then, when it comes down to your reasons why, do not allow yourself to believe the story, about why you can't, shouldn't or wouldn't do it.

You can do whatever you set your mind to.

All it takes is to re-program your thinking, get aligned with a great mentor and a great system and if you are willing to be coached and then put forth the effort by doing what other successful people are doing, you can be, do and have whatever you are looking for.

******************

Aaron Rashkin is a Multiple Six Figure Income Earner in Home Based Business and is currently taking applications for a new team he is building with the #1 Converting Marketing System in the Industy. If you would like to be considered for his team, be sure to visit his website here.